Skip to main content

Boldy Go...

"To boldly go where no man has gone before," a mission statement of a fictitious spaceship created decades ago--set hundreds of years in the future. I'm the only child in the family to love Star Trek alongside my dad. My youngest brother, Reagan, might say he loves Deep Space Nine, but he really just likes the M&M's I give him when he watches with me. Star Trek has become a special link between my Dad and I. We still watch them on our own and talk about them, discuss the latest news.
 
Right now, I have "Boldly go" scrawled on a whiteboard in my dorm room. It's been there since the day I moved in, and I haven't thought of anything to replace the quote.
 
I'm good at boldly going. Over the past few years, I've jumped into things that kids my age just don't do. They don't write books, speak at conferences, communicate with adults, act professional in a particular field. Teenagers don't work, buy a train ticket, and take a solo trip to Virginia for spring break. Though I don't have a good explanation, boldly going, doing things that are abnormal has been relatively easy for me.
 
 A few days into my college journey, my dad posted this on my Facebook.
 
 
 
It was a great reminder that I can't just go through life doing what I want with boldness. God is the one leading my life, and I need to relentlessly follow him with boldness.
 
It's not about me showing the world that I can do big, unorthodox things. It's all about God showing me how He wants me to live that some might come to know Him.
 

Comments

  1. You and your Dad seem close, much like my Dad and I. We love watching Star Trek and other shows together.
    Keep on doing what you are doing, you got it right. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Dad and I definitely enjoy a lot of the same things : )

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think : )

Popular posts from this blog

How to Create a Fact Manual for a Book Series {Peek into My Next Story}

I started my current story, Ideal Lies, last year, and this time, I decided to make it a trilogy. This story is a mix between dystopian and utopian.


I Missed the Only Year of My Life When I Could Sing, "I am sixteen going on seventeen."

Sound of Music has been my favorite movie since I was in kindergarten. My second favorite scenes was the invasion of the Nazi's. Don't ask why? I guess it was foreshadowing to my future history major. My favorite scene is when Liesl sings, "I am sixteen going on seventeen." 
     For years, I waited until I turned sixteen so I could sing that song. I didn't care that the two characters were falling in love. I just wanted to sing the lines, "I am sixteen," with accuracy. 
     Well, today I am seventeen. In the past year, I never got the chance to watch Sound of Music and sing along. This kind of made me sad . . . 
     Until I think back to all the times my sister, MK, sang the songs from The Sound of Music with beauty and grace. She fell in love with the movie just like had, and she doesn't care that she's not sixteen. She just loves music and singing. Listening to her was better than fulfilling a childhood dream.
     MK and my family make my…

10 Weird Things Writers Do ... And Are Perfectly Okay