Skip to main content

Voting Open for the Biggest, Bestest, Book Awards!



Nominations are in, and the voting has begone! Here is the full list of nominations*: Spoilers at the end



Best Male Protagonist
Nathan from HALF BAD by Sally Green
Arman from EMBASSY by S. Alex Martin
Mason from CAPTIVES by Jill Williamson
Four from ALLIGIANT by Veronica Roth
Caspian from SWEPT TO SEA by Heather Manning
William Herondale from CLOCKWORK PRINCESS by Cassandra Clare
David from STEELHEART by Brandon Sanderson

Best Female Protagonist
Celaena Sardothien from THRONE OF GLASS (series) by Sarah J. Maas
Shallan Davar from WORDS OF RADIANCE by Brandon Sanderson
Fan from ON SUCH A FULL SEA by Chang-Rae Lee
Eva Stewart from MONSTER by Mirriam Neal
Eden Trenton from SWEPT TO SEA by Heather Manning
Colette from UNTIL THAT DISTANT DAY by Jill Stengl
Elisa from THE BITTER KINGDOM by Rae Carson

Best Male Antagonist
Morpheus from SPLINTERED by A.G. Howard
The Dark Prince from PARADOX by Brian McBride
Lord Clive from SWEPT TO SEA by Heather Manning
Pascoe from UNTIL THAT DISTANT DAY by Jill Stengl
The Darkling from SIEGE AND STORM by Leigh Bardugo

Best Male Secondary Character
Adolin Kholin from WORDS OF RADIANCE by Brandon Sanderson
Peeta from MOCKINGJAY by Suzanne Collins
Cage Thompson from SWEPT TO SEA by Heather Manning
Lionheart from SHADOW HAND by Anne Elisabeth Stengl
Storm from THE BITTER KINGDOM by Rae Carson

Best Female Secondary Character
Maddy from CODE NAME VERITY by Elizabeth Wein
Jasnah Kholin from WORDS OF RADIENCE by Brandon Sanderson
Raegen from FANGIRL by Rainbow Rowell
Ivy from SWEPT TO SEA by Heather Manning
Anja from ALL GOD'S CHILDREN by Anna Schmidt
Charlotte Branwell from CLOCKWORK PRINCESS by Cassandra Clare
Christina from ALLEGIANT by Veronica Roth

Best Character Development (Individual Character)
Shallan Davar from WORDS OF RADIANCE by Brandon Sanderson
Alina Starkov from SIEGE AND STORM by Leigh Bardugo
Tella Holloway from FIRE AND FLOOD by Victoria Scott
Foxbrush from SHADOW HAND by Anne Elisabeth Stengl

Best Character Development (As a Cast)
OUTCASTS by Jill Williamson
THE LUNAR CHRONICLES (Cinder, Cress, Scarlet) by Marissa Meyer
THE IMPOSSIBLE KNIFE OF MEMORY by Laurie Halse Anderson
REBEL SPRING by Morgan Rhodes

Best Beginning/ First Chapter
HALF BAD by Sally Green
STEELHEART by Brandon Sanderson
ALL GOD'S CHILDREN by Anna Schmidt
THE WINNER'S CURSE by Marie Rutkoski

Best Ending/ Last Chapter
CRESS by Marissa Meyer
ALLEGIANT by Veronica Roth
SHADOW HAND by Anne Elisabeth Stengl

Best Cover
SPLINTERED by A.G.Howard
WORDS OF RADIANCE by Brandon Sanderson
REBEL SPRING by Morgan Rhodes
FOR DARKNESS SHOWS STARS by Diana Peterfreund
THE STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL SORROWS OF AVA LAVENDER by Leslye Walton

Best World-Building 
THE OCEAN AT THE END OF THE LANE by Neil Gaiman
DREAMS OF GODS AND MONSTERS by Laini Taylor
CAPTIVES by Jill Williamson
CHASING THE PROPHECY by Brandon Mull

Best Debut Novel

BIRD by Crystal Chan
MONSTER by Mirriam Neal
SWEPT TO SEA by Heather Manning
CRY OF HOPE by Emily Chapman

Best Futuristic Technology

THESE BROKEN STARS by Amie Kaufman and Megean Spooner
EMBASSY by S. Alex Martin
SCARLET by Marissa Meyer

Best Historical Representation

CODE NAME VERITY by Elizabeth Wein
A NOBLE GROOM by Jody Hedlund
MERLIN’S BLADE by Robert Treskillard
THE DANCING MASTER by Julie Klassen
THE RANSOM by MaryLu Tyndall
UNTIL THAT DISTANT DAY by Jill Stengl 

*SPOILER ALERT*









        






Best Death
Tris from ALLEGIANT by Veronica Roth
Jasnah Kholin from WORDS OF RADIANCE by Brandon Sanderson
Rutger from SWEPT TO SEA by Heather Manning
Lioness from SHADOW HAND by Anne Elisabeth Stengl






 




*END SPOILER*


Voting will be open until June 15th. Winners will be announced here shortly after.

*some regulations were applied for repeat nominations. If you have a concern, please feel free to contact me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Create a Fact Manual for a Book Series {Peek into My Next Story}

    I started my current story, Ideal Lies, last year, and this time, I decided to make it a trilogy. This story is a mix between dystopian and utopian. Living in the idealistic northern Ideal States of America, two teenagers are caught believing in an imperfect religion and go on the run as criminals to rescue their stolen family.     How I managed to keep this to myself until now, I'm not sure : )     Writing a series of any kind was something I'd never done before. I quickly found out that I needed a way to keep track of all the facts. I tried memory. My memory failed.  I tried little notes. I lost them. I tried computer files. It took me too long to find what I needed. So, with nothing else to do ... I created a fact manual. I spent hours gleaning the information from my memory, notes, and files. I created new documents and organized facts so I could put it all together in one cohesive notebook. I documented everything that had happened so far in my boo

Interview with Stephanie Morrill and Jill Williamson {and a giveaway}

     I would like to welcome Stephanie Morrill and Jill Williamson to my blog today! I am so excited that they took the time to do an interview with me. Here is a little bit about them:       Stephanie Morrill and  Jill   Williamson  have written a combined two dozen speculative and contemporary novels for teens. They also blog obsessively at  www.goteenwriters.com . When not writing or blogging, they can be found at the teen table at writer's conferences or wherever chocolate is being given away. Come hang out with Stephanie at  www.stephaniemorrill.com  and  Jill  at  www.jillwilliamson.com . Why did you choose the genre that you did? Stephanie: I feel like “contemporary young adult” chose me, honestly. I wanted to write deep, serious books that might get studied in English classes … but I never had any ideas for deep, serious books, so that flopped. My ideas, even after high school, were always for stories about girls and the boys they liked and the complica

10 Weird Things Writers Do ... And Are Perfectly Okay

No writer will ever claim to be a normal human being. We process information differently, we observe life differently, and we feel emotions differently. If you're a writer reading this, be encouraged. Yes, you are weird, and there is no avoiding it. But, there are many writers that can relate to a smidgen of what your life is like as a writer. If you are not a writer reading this, be understanding. We know we're weird, and it would be so awesome if you could just nod, smile, and say, "I'm glad you enjoy writing." It's okay to be weird. Personally, I think it's even cooler if you're weird and a writer at the same time.  1.      We may stare at you without realizing it. Sometimes, we see something that reminds us of characters and zone out for a bit. 2.      We may also stare blankly at flowers or rainbows, also thinking of something entirely different. (this was to counteract the slight creepiness of that first point.) 3.      We may