Skip to main content

Smile



                My three year old brother was being a grump and my older sister was talking to him. She said, “Hey, you need to smile sometimes or your life will be miserable.” His reply was simply, “Oh, I didn’t know that.”
                Smile (noun) 1. Pleasant expression 2.Pleasant appearance. 3. Sign of favor
                This is how the definition is listed in the dictionary. The first two are the literal definition of ‘smile.’ The third one is the one I want to focus on. A smile is a sign of favor. Favor in what? For me a smile is a sign that I am in favor in what God is doing in my life. It is an approving attitude to His work. I am certainly not always a happy person. Happiness is depended on circumstances, but Joy is not. Joy is what I want to have all the time.
                James 1:2, Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.
                Be joyful all the time, but it will not be easy. The early Christians joyfully embraced suffering because they had Jesus. They looked to the reward that God holds for his followers, ultimate joy.
                I don’t just want to be joyful in my heart. I want everyone to see it on my face. I want people to see the favor I have in God working in my life, even when I go over rough patches. 



Comments

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think : )

Popular posts from this blog

How to Create a Fact Manual for a Book Series {Peek into My Next Story}

I started my current story, Ideal Lies, last year, and this time, I decided to make it a trilogy. This story is a mix between dystopian and utopian.


I Missed the Only Year of My Life When I Could Sing, "I am sixteen going on seventeen."

Sound of Music has been my favorite movie since I was in kindergarten. My second favorite scenes was the invasion of the Nazi's. Don't ask why? I guess it was foreshadowing to my future history major. My favorite scene is when Liesl sings, "I am sixteen going on seventeen." 
     For years, I waited until I turned sixteen so I could sing that song. I didn't care that the two characters were falling in love. I just wanted to sing the lines, "I am sixteen," with accuracy. 
     Well, today I am seventeen. In the past year, I never got the chance to watch Sound of Music and sing along. This kind of made me sad . . . 
     Until I think back to all the times my sister, MK, sang the songs from The Sound of Music with beauty and grace. She fell in love with the movie just like had, and she doesn't care that she's not sixteen. She just loves music and singing. Listening to her was better than fulfilling a childhood dream.
     MK and my family make my…

10 Weird Things Writers Do ... And Are Perfectly Okay