Skip to main content

When it comes to reading,


I was the girl…

>        Who hated being told what to read.
>        Who never read classics voluntarily.
>        Who brought YA/Adult books to soccer games- as a 4th grader.
>        Who had to be told, “Put the book down,” at the dinner table- many times.
>        Who always brought an extra book on vacations, in case I finished my other one.
>        Who read over 60,000 pages in a month for a contest that only required you to read 50,00 in a three months.
>        Who got in trouble for staying up too late, reading.
>        Who couldn’t stand reading books out of order.
>        Who got so bothered by a book that I woke up in the middle of the night to finish it.
>        Who when someone asked me what my book was about, I would give them a half and an hour synopsis.




Comments

  1. That pretty much describes me in a nut shell! lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so funny. I was talking to a friend of mine who is a big reader as well. It seems that if your are in to reading beyond the norm, you relate to most of that list : )

      Delete
  2. Haha, I once got in trouble when I was younger and had my book taken away for the day. Other kids get their phones taken away, not me! LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think : )

Popular posts from this blog

How to Create a Fact Manual for a Book Series {Peek into My Next Story}

I started my current story, Ideal Lies, last year, and this time, I decided to make it a trilogy. This story is a mix between dystopian and utopian.


I Missed the Only Year of My Life When I Could Sing, "I am sixteen going on seventeen."

Sound of Music has been my favorite movie since I was in kindergarten. My second favorite scenes was the invasion of the Nazi's. Don't ask why? I guess it was foreshadowing to my future history major. My favorite scene is when Liesl sings, "I am sixteen going on seventeen." 
     For years, I waited until I turned sixteen so I could sing that song. I didn't care that the two characters were falling in love. I just wanted to sing the lines, "I am sixteen," with accuracy. 
     Well, today I am seventeen. In the past year, I never got the chance to watch Sound of Music and sing along. This kind of made me sad . . . 
     Until I think back to all the times my sister, MK, sang the songs from The Sound of Music with beauty and grace. She fell in love with the movie just like had, and she doesn't care that she's not sixteen. She just loves music and singing. Listening to her was better than fulfilling a childhood dream.
     MK and my family make my…

10 Weird Things Writers Do ... And Are Perfectly Okay